Monday, October 3, 2011

Wedding Bliss - Blogtoberpost #1

On Saturday my husband and I had the pleasure of attending a friends wedding. The day started out with me rushing around the shops looking for a shawl or a jacket of some type to go over my black dress. A) because the weather had turned freezing cold and B) because I needed something to brighten up my dress seen as the bridesmaids where wearing black!!

So after a few hours of rushing around the shops I started to panic, everything was black. I did not come across anything that was coloured. My last option was City Chic as I walked through the door I think I held my breath or maybe I was holding back hysterical screams because there was a sea of black in front of me. Then to the right a dress that was a brownish grey colour stood out. It had long sleeves!!!
I grabbed it and almost ran to front counter to ask if I could try it on. While talking to shop assistant and explaining what I was after (she confirmed all jackets they had where black) she said they had a dress the same as the one I was going to try on in a blueish purple colour and would I like to try that one on as well. I could of kissed her at that point! YES YES I want to try it one!
Luck for me it was my size and didn't look to bad (being the biggest I have ever been doesn't help when shopping for a new dress) so I paid for it (it was half price too!!) and raced home.

After a cuppa for me and a breastfeed for my little miss it was time to jump back in the car and head off to McDonald's where I was meeting up with my cousin whom I have not seen in many many years. Her and her family live in Adelaide and going through Bendigo on there way to Melbourne for a holiday.

After a bite to eat and a good chatter it was time to head back and get ready for the wedding!! 


The wedding was beautiful (not that I have ever been to a non beautiful wedding lol ) their theme was black and white with a touch of pink.  Some of the things that really stood out for me were

The lolly bar!!

The Center pieces
The bouquets (they were all buttons)


 The cake (which Rob made himself!)


Makes me want to do it all over again!!

1 comment: