Saturday, October 15, 2011

Lemon meringue flop - Blogtoberfest #12

I had a craving for lemon meringue pie today, which is weird because I have never had it before so I thought I would whip one up. (NO I'm not pregnant!)

Now I have proven to myself that just because something doesn't look nice, doesn't mean it doesn't taste nice...yes I was one of those children!

My pie was looking perfect until i attempted the meringue part!

First of all I don't think I whipped my meringue long enough, because when I tired to add the peaks with the back of the spoon they didn't fluff up very much. Secondly I think I put the meringue on to soon ( the filling wasn't cooled enough) because instead of being nice and tall it sort of spread flat .



But it still tasted divine! So much so I might have to go back for seconds.

This is what I was trying for lol

No comments:

Post a Comment