Friday, September 16, 2011

I can bake a rainbow

Red and yellow and pink and green
Purple and Orange and
blueI can sing bake a rainbow,
sing bake a rainbow,
sing bake a rainbow too.

Last night I had a desire to bake, I didn't care what I just wanted to get into the kitchen and make something. I often get these urges and sometimes find myself cooking at midnight lol

So I took this opportunity to make a cake that I had seen on Pinterest awhile ago...Warning pinterest is a very addictive site that you need to take a cut lunch with you when you sit down at the computer!

Anyway back to my rainbow cake....I started out with a simple butter cake and divide it into four

Then add the colours

Now you layer them into the cake tin. Though what I did wrong was made all the layers even, when your suppose to have more on the bottom and gradually have less and less with each layer. I made them all even and as you can see you cant see the bottom blue layer very much.

Bake
(I had a little to much cake mix for the size of my tin lol)


How cool does it look!!
Notice you can't see much of the green and blue layer? That's because of the mistake I made mentioned above.


The cooking bug didn't stop there, I made some cookies today from a recipe my friend gave me..I think I almost orgasmed when she gave me a taste of this cookie dough on Wednesday when I was visiting here.
This cookie dough is the best, and the cookies it makes aren't too bad either :P
It makes soo many, I ended up putting half of it into some cling wrap and freezing it.

  The Recipe is
500grams of butter
1 cup of sugar 
2 tins of sweetened condensed milk
4 cups of self raising flour
2 packets of choc chips

Whip the butter and sugar, then mix in the condensed milk and flour . Mix in the choc chips. Put teaspoons of mixture onto a try and bake for around 10-15 mins (until the edges go golden brown)
Leave to rest for a few minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Enjoy!!

Now its time to decide what to cook for tea......


No comments:

Post a Comment